Chocolate Almond Protein Bars
During the holiday season, it can be tough to avoid the cookies, pies and sweet treats. This is a favorite recipe that is not only healthy, but tastes great! A perfect alternative to the sugary desserts! These are great with or without the chocolate topping!
2 cups almond flour
1 cup ground flax seed meal
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
3 scoops of Dutch chocolate Perfect Protein
½ cup of xylitol (or ¾ tsp pure powder stevia)
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup organic butter
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
½ tsp pure vanilla
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of organic butter
¼ cup of xylitol (or ¼ tsp of pure liquid stevia)
- Place almonds meal, flax meal, shredded coconut, Perfect Protein and xylitol (stevia) in a food processor.
- Pulse until ground into meal
- In a double boiler melt coconut oil, butter and 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate.
- Once melted add vanilla to melted chocolate/coconut mixture.
- Mix liquid chocolate with dry ingredients in a bowl until turns into a paste
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- In a double boiler, heat butter and coconut oil until liquid.
- Add xylitol (stevia) and heat and stir until dissolved
- Add 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over pressed mixture in glass dish. Return to refrigerator for at least until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve. (If chocolate cracks when cutting, let soften for 10 minutes first)
Keep refrigerated. These also freeze well.
Posted on Thu, December 8, 2016
by Barbara Thompson